Monday, September 29, 2008

Lame but true...

My clock radio is possessed.

I've held off on admitting this to anyone -- let alone the Internet -- but it can no longer be blamed on unemployment-induced insanity. Readers: I have some freelance work! There is no health insurance or job security but I think ( -- I HOPE -- ) that the tide is turning.

Back to the clock radio. It makes noises, which I wish I was better at describing. It sounds kind of like a buzz or a hum. It doesn't last long but it's loud and it happens at least four or five times throughout the night. Each time I jump up, which totally ruins the part in my dream where I'm having thai food with the cute guy who I've seen (twice!) walking his french bulldog near Pentagon Row.

Dislcosure: It may be my cell phone that is possessed. Both of these objects sit on an end table by my bed. I'm performing a test tonight by leaving the cell on the floor. Science and all manner of experiments are not a particular skill set of mine but I'll report back with the results nonetheless.

Ummm also...since we're being honest...I think my kitchen may be haunted as well. And by "haunted" I mean inhabited by a stealth spider that seems determined to conceal itself until I let my guard down again. Bastard.

That is all. Oh...and....freelance work -- hurray!

No comments: